domingo, 17 de mayo de 2009

April is over (and May is going fast!)

It has been a busy month. Things are getting interesting at work. Some deadlines are approaching and there is the general feeling that we have to get really good results in these times of uncertainty

Also... I moved to a new apartment! The nice thing about it is that I got a small attic! I always wanted to have a crazy room where to set a small lab. It's a tiny space where to read, listen to music and, who knows, maybe in the future, play drums :)


Also the new house has a small patio where we are trying to grow tomatoes. It's fun and, given how much I like gazpacho, it's going to be a big help in my domestic economy :)

The patio seems to be a nice place for picnics ... when it's not raining. I haven't tried the 'typical American' barbecue yet, but I'm considering buying a grill, what do you think?

Talking about food we had the annual Spanish tapas competition. This time was out of control, more than a hundred people was there... By the way, our pulpo didn't win :)

In the mean time I got some time to travel to Philadelphia/Washington. I liked both cities a lot... They made me remember how small my world is in Pittsburgh :)

These are the only cities I have visited in the USA in the last two years, apart of New York... and I would recommend them. The museums in Washington are amazing and Phillie still keeps that special charm of the old times capital. I was able to watch one NBA game at the end: cavaliers vs 76ers. I couldn't resist the temptation of taking this photo for the patanegras , but I forgot to show at least part of the arena... so they won't believe I was there :)

Latest book acquisitions: "Marathon: the ultimate training guide" and "Flatland: A romance of many dimensions"... Did I say I want to run a marathon? but preferably over flat terrain :) I 'd like to have time to train during these warm months...let's see

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.